Sunday, February 9, 2014

Love Potion #9

It's almost Valentine's Day! Normally this raises the concern and anger and bad vibes of almost everyone around. I, however, adore Valentine's Day. So, I bring you this template for making valentines to help even the most heartbroken friend. 

Some of the photos are blurry. More to the point, they're a bit vague. Let me know if you need clarity.


Materials
- A print out of the valentine below.
- Cutting board/work surface
- X-acto knife
- Ruler
- Glitter
- Plastic wrap
- Glue of some sort (I used a wrinkle-free poster glue)


Print out this picture. Don't believe your printer when it says it'll cut off the edges. It shouldn't.



Print out the valentine above. Cut it in half. 
Take and X-Acto knife and cut out the flask in the middle of what will be the front of the valentine.

Fold the card in half
Put a square of glue on the inside of the card, around the space behind the cut-out flask. (I made faint pencil marks in the corners of the flask when the card was closed so that I'd know where the opening was going to be.)


Cut a square of plastic wrap the size of the glue square.
Once you have a square of glue down, then pour a little puddle of glitter into the middle of it. 
Place the plastic wrap over the glitter and on the glue.


Put more glue all over the inside of the card and fold it shut. 




Marvel at your skills and genius. 


No comments:

Post a Comment